We are committed to ensuring that health and safety is an integral business consideration and that our operations should never compromise safety. Our vision is to achieve the ultimate goal of zero harm for employees, contractors, neighbouring communities and the environment.
Argent Energy’s ultimate goal is to prevent workplace injuries and illness, so that every Argent Energy employee can return home safely to their loved ones at the end of each day.
Argent Energy is focused on the safety and environmental controls relating to its activities from both a process safety and occupational safety perspective. Over the last few years we have invested – and are committed to further investing – in our sites, assets and employees, to drive improvements in our safety culture. These commitments live at the core of our culture and guide every decision that we make. By working together with integrity, we constantly strive to create a safe, incident-free workplace everywhere, every day. Whether we are starting a new project, enhancing an existing process, or even choosing a new supplier, we keep these commitments at the forefront of every action.
As a business, we aim to develop and maintain an effective SHE management system that is both useful and easy to use for all. Our aim is to cut through the legal complexity of safety and environmental legislation to provide practical and easily understood worksite support that helps Argent Energy achieve its targets safely and in a legally compliant way.
Our commitments include:
- Operating in a manner which safeguards the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers and business partners
- Ensuring our plants and equipment are well designed, maintained and safely operated
- Empowering our employees, contractors, suppliers and customers to challenge unsafe acts and behaviours
- Encouraging active participation in the development of our health and safety culture and promoting a positive culture and engagement
- Continually improving the competency and capability of our team through recruitment, training and education on best practice
- Promoting positive relationships between the company and communities
- Continually improving our management system to control risk, enhance performance and satisfy all compliance obligations and other requirements pertaining to our products and services
- Monitoring process safety performance based on leading and lagging indicators ensuring business risks are being effectively managed
- Ensuring changes are assessed and risks controlled through to completion of the change