Graduate Business Analyst (Supply Chain)
Head of Supply Chain
Main Purpose of Job
- The role will work alongside the Planning, Shipping and Business Support teams and be involved in projects across Argent Energy’s sites.
- Previous experience is not necessarily required as full training will be given however the person needs to be ready to learn and become integrated with a strong Supply Chain team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Day to day work alongside the Planning, Shipping and Business Support teams.
- Support day to day work as well as relevant projects within the Supply Chain team
- Gain an understanding of the wider Supply Chain
- Review inbound capacities whilst working closely with Operations & Purchasing to adjust appropriately
- Provide management information to support future planning
- Responsible for creating shortage lists for orders and optimise inventory levels
- Master Data activities
- Participate in weekly S&OP meeting and track actions
- Driving process Improvements with internal departments
- System maintenance ensuring data is updated accurately
- Responsible to generate Sales reports, Stock reports for the management teams
- Working closely with the logistics team and monitor on-time delivery performance for all orders raised
- Daily management of the supplier portfolio
- Anticipation of risks and drive mitigation actions
- Demand and forecast control
- Communicate effectively to internal customers, team colleagues and external suppliers
- Supply chain prioritisation
- Understand and define the optimal ordering characteristics and strategy
- Use data management tools to drive decisions in the supply chain including tank movements
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external regulatory/legal requirements
- Managing change in demand and supply within the SC systems, contribute to resolving issues and escalate as required
- Partner with SCM leaders to support/understand business strategy, outcomes and KPIs.
- Work closely with Argent’s other sites to improve processes, share knowledge and provide support where necessary. This will require occasional site visits in the UK/Netherlands.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Support and promote Argents management of change and permit to work systems.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations.
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Minimum Degree in relevant discipline.
- Chartership or willing to work towards this.
- Previous experience working in supply chain environment
- Exceptional planning and organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Expertise in problem solving
- Good team work ethic
- Proficiency in the English language
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Willingness to travel and flexibility
- Proficient in MS Office -Word/ Excel / PowerPoint.
- Evidence of self-motivation, an ability to use your own initiative and attention to detail is essential
- A drive to learn and develop.
- Full right to work in the UK/NL
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.